03 May 2008

Forgetmenots



It's been a lovely day for being in the garden. In between mowing, cleaning, weeding, etc. I found time to do a couple of quick sketches, including some of the forgetmenots which absolutely cover the garden at this time of the year. I suppose we should try to control them, but they're my daughter's favourite flower, so I haven't got the heart! I also did a quick sketch of a tulip, though I don't think that really worked very well. Still, in the spirit of EDM, I'm going to post it anyway.

3 comments:

Anita Davies said...

I love the forget-me-nots too Dave but then, I tend to like anything 'wild' looking in the garden...wild and blue!
Nice sketches.

E-J said...

Well, as someone who is only just discovering the joys of spending time in, and planting, a garden, I think it's delightful. The simplicity of these is what makes them lovely.

Unknown said...

Hi Dave - I couldn't find an email address for you so I hope this gets through! I'm running a writing day near Oxford in Aug and I wondered if your readers might be interested and whether you'd be happy for me to post the link here? No problem if not.
Kind regards,
Fiona