14 April 2008

Australia sketches

These first set of sketches were done in the airport or on the plane. Done on lined paper because I cleverly packed my sketchbooks in my luggage!







Our first stop was in Sydney, but I didn't get much chance to sketch there. I did manage a very quick one of, inevitably, Sydney Opera House. I have to say, it is an amazing building, inside as well as out. We were lucky to hear an amazing performance of Shostakovich's 8th symphony in the lovely concert hall. And I also did a quick sketch of a gum tree!

















More to come soon!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Airports are so fun for sketching. Nice Australia sketches.

Anonymous said...

Good sketches. I like the Opera House and the tree.

E-J said...

I really like your gum tree quickie - and how I wish I'd done even a rapid sketch of the Opera House when I was holidaying in Sydney 6 years ago! Look forward to seeing more ... I am just starting to catch up with recent posts ...