21 October 2007

Oxford Art Society

Yay! My drawing was accepted by the Oxford Art Society for their annual Open Exhibition. It was on the blog a few months ago: you can see it here. I know this isn't really a big deal in the great scheme of things, but I'm very excited. I've never had a picture exhibited anywhere before; in fact, I've never submitted anything before. I went to the private view yesterday, and I have to say, I don't think my modest little drawing looked totally out of place among all the works by professional artists. No one seemed to be laughing at it, at least! So, if you happen to be in Oxford before 3 November, stop in and see it.

11 comments:

Teri said...

CONGRATS Dave! I remember that one and it is beautiful and it is nice to know the OAS thinks so too. Great honor!

Stacy said...

Congratulations Dave!!! I can't say as I'm surprised since it is a GREAT drawing. And for what it's worth, I think it's a very big thing. It can be scary putting our art work "out there". So pat yourself on the back for having the courage. It was obviously worth the risk. :)

(PS The pen and ink I was working on at the same time is still sitting in my unfinished pile. You've put me to shame.)

caseytoussaint said...

Congratulations, Dave. Your drawing is wonderful and absolutely deserved to be chosen. I'm really excited for you.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Well done Dave. Its a fabulous drawing and well deserved to be exhibited.

The first of many exhibitions to come...

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions Dave..very happy for you! This is a beauty and deserves to be put out there. May this one be the first of many. good luck!
Ronell

Anita Davies said...

Congratulations Dave, I am thrilled for you!!!!

vivien said...

well done!


I remember the first exhibtion I took part in and sold .... I was walking on air!

Robyn Sinclair said...

Congratulations!!!!!! First of many, I bet. Thrilled for you.

Claudia said...

Congratulations from me, too! I think, it is an excellent drawing, well done and will perfectly fit in the paintings of the other artists!

Anita said...

Thrilled to read this Dave! See it was worth the nerves! Now you just have to do it again!

Kathleen Pequignot said...

Oh what a great honor! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and wish that I could attend the event to see your drawing proudly displayed.

Celebrating with you in spirit. :)