11 October 2007

Ink sketches


It's been over a week since I posted. Life's been hectic, mainly because it's the start of a new academic year, with it's seemingly endless number of welcome receptions, induction briefings, and dinners. The college Freshers Dinner can be slightly excruciating, but this year's bunch were fun to chat to. I just wish they would vary the menu; this was my 14th Freshers Dinner, and every year they serve chicken Kiev and profiteroles!



Anyway, mainly inspired by Anita, I've got me a bottle of Noodler's red/black ink. It's a great colour. Are any others worth checking out? These are some sketches from my bedroom. Yes, OK I admit that I sometimes sketch in bed...I'm not sure whether that makes me a very keen sketcher or a very, very lazy one!

5 comments:

Robyn Sinclair said...

Since I haven't had my lunch yet, Chicken Kiev and profiteroles sounds pretty good to me, Dave. It is inconsiderate though, for the caterers not to consider the poor souls who have to turn up to these functions year after year.
Very nice work on your chest of drawers and that new ink does look very tempting. I think sketching in bed sounds like a very sound approach. I'm trying to order the Pen & Ink book Katherine reviewed on Making a Mark this week. Amazon is refusing to accept my order which makes me think there is a postal problem at your end. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Robyn, Thanks for the comment. There is a "postal problem" I'm afraid -- a strike!

Anita Davies said...

Ooooh Dave you got some...Don't you just LOVE it???
These are all lovely but your sink is just screaming at me to be looked at, wonderful sketch.
I don't think anyone would appreciate me sketching in bed since I don't climb into it until after 3am most nights. LOL!
I have my eye on another Noodler's colour but haven't tried it yet so I'll wait until I do but I do have Lexington Gray, which is a wonderful ink for use with pen and watercolours since it is waterproof, it's also less harsh than black.
I love profiteroles!
Thankyou for the mention and the link...Much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

All great sketches...it seems sketching is bed could be a very comfy thing..you did great with this ink. good luck with the new academic year.
Ronell

caseytoussaint said...

Great drawings, Dave - how did I miss them? I just popped over from a link in Ronell's blog. Sketching in bed is a perfectly respectable thing to do, in my opinion.